June 20, 2024
All your news, One Platform!
0803 333 3333
Generic filters

Chilling moment ad tycoon walks into hotel with model before ‘sawing her to death and asking Google for help cutting body

May 17, 2023

A BRIT-based businessman chillingly smiled as he strolled into a luxury hotel with his Ukrainian model girlfriend before allegedly hacking her to death with a saw.

Jan Jerzy Lagoda-Filippow, 25, is accused of butchering his partner Alona Savchenko, 24, at the swanky apartments in Bangkok, Thailand.
























The Polish national then allegedly used Google Translate to ask for help disposing of her body after leaving his lifeless lover in their blood-splattered room.

The couple had checked into the Key Sathorn-Charoenraj hotel-apartment on April 29 and appeared to be in good spirits.

Lagoda-Filippow had an advertising business registered in Covent Garden, London, and Alona had previously done photoshoots for him.

Disturbing CCTV footage captured the pair laughing and joking in the corridor as they made their way to their hotel room on the 32nd floor.

But Alona never emerged – while Lagoda-Filippow hurriedly left the building alone with his luggage on the morning of May 15.

The advertising tycoon’s hasty exit, coupled with his anxious demeanour, raised the suspicions of security guards at the exclusive complex.

Video shows the tourist shaking uncontrollably as he steps out of the lift while lugging his suitcase behind him.

Lagoda-Filippow then flagged down a taxi, driven by Surachai Sabaibang, 56, who he instructed to take him to “any casino.”

The conversation is then said to have taken a darker turn, as the cabbie claimed his passenger used the Google Translate app to beg for help cutting up Alona’s body.

He allegedly offered a stunned Surachai 1,500 baht (£35) for his assistance with the gruesome task.

The concerned taxi driver dropped him off in Bangkok’s Sathorn district before calling his hotel to alert them about their guest’s erratic behaviour and seemingly drunk appearance.

Staff then checked the couple’s room and horrifically found Alona’s dismembered body dumped on the bed.

Her face was covered in blood and her head had been partially severed with a deep slash from her neck to her left shoulder.

The victim’s left hand had also been cut off at the wrist while paramedics found a stab wound on her chest.

Police then discovered a 2ft long saw coated in blood that had been bought from a nearby hardware store next to her corpse.

Investigators believe Alona had been dead for around a day before she was found, suggesting she was killed the previous weekend.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Pongpun Phonharn, from the Wat Phraya Krai district station, said: “The victim arrived at the condo with her boyfriend on April 29, but he left without her at around noon on May 15.

“We learned that he had hired a taxi for 1,500 baht ($44) to take him to Sa Kaeo province.

“He was likely trying to cross the border to Cambodia.”

Officers contacted taxi driver Surachai for questioning following the grisly discovery.

The driver said: “I picked up the suspicious passenger, who told me through Google Translate that he wanted to play at a casino.

“When he could not find a suitable place to play, he then asked me through the app to help dismember his girlfriend’s body for 1,500 baht ($44).”

Cops later obtained CCTV footage of the couple together at the hotel just days before Lagoda-Filippow was seen leaving by himself.

It was forwarded to immigration police so border officials were on alert in case the businessman attempted to flee the country.

He was apprehended on Monday evening at the Aranyaprathet border checkpoint, 135 miles away in Sa Kaeo province.

The 25-year-old was detained at the Wat Phraya Krai Police Station for interrogation while police informed the Polish Embassy of his arrest. Investigations remain ongoing.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Pongpun Phonharn added: “The suspect was very calm when he was arrested. It was about 4am this morning when he was caught.

“He drank coffee as normal in his cell and started exercising, like it was his normal morning routine. He did not say anything.

“We have contacted the Polish Embassy, and made arrangements for embassy officials to arrive later today.” (The Scottish Sun)









Share to:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

© Copyright 2021 inewszone Media